It's no secret that proper training in hospitality is important - it's how you do it that makes the real difference. Converting your training to online content frees up a lot of time, space, and money. We all know how important training is but why should you use online training in the hospitality industry?
Let's take a look at some of the many benefits of online training.
- Accessibility - One of the most important factors in any sort of training is how accessible your content is. Years ago, many companies used to hire a room and have a trainer provide a face-to-face class. However, not everyone could make it. Whether it is an employee with a car that isn't running or someone who had to stay home with a sick child. With mobile accessibility everyone can view your content at a time that suits them.
- Flexibility for Everyone - Along the same vein, the company session in the past had to have a room as we went over earlier. A trainer would then stand up and deliver the content to the staff. By using a web based platform, you can cater to everyones learning needs with intuitive interactions and imagery. With compatibility across mobile devices, employees can view your content from their phone, tablet, laptop or desktop PC.
- Consistency - With multiple trainers across multiple locations, things can get confusing - not to mention that each way of training differs little by little. Online training delivers the most consistent training experience for your employees, everyone gets the same content in the same format.
- Checkpoints - Checkpoint quizzes are easy to implement and provide a great way of checking the staff have read and understood the content. Managers can later report on this and update their content to better explain key factors that the majority of their staff have not grasped.
- Compliance - Intuto allows you to see which of your staff have completed the content and when they last have accessed it. Using checkpoints can also have the user acknowledge that they have read and understood the content. It's not effective to have a training class where no one is paying attention so this can be a very important feature. Another benefit of using Intuto for compliance based training is that trainers have the ability to track completed content to make sure everything was completed.
The hospitality sector is a competitive industry where the training of employees is of the utmost importance. Other than the obvious, there are facts supporting why the top trained employees have fewer accidents, are more productive, and provide better service to customers. If you want to learn more about online training in hospitality or have any questions, please feel free to contact us so we can help.