It's hard to believe that we're almost at the end of the first quarter of the year. Despite the warm weather and the company BBQ beckoning us to head outside to enjoy the sun and munch on salty snacks, we've had a busy start to the year hosting several lively Intuto Jams and welcoming aboard some great new customers. The dev team have been busy working on a host of new features, updates and fixes. Taking a lead from some of the great feedback we have been getting from you all. Highlights are below!
Our most notable new training feature release is Checkpoints. You can now create multi-choice quizzes right inside your modules and you can create as many checkpoints per module as you wish. There are a bunch of settings for changing the pass/fail messages, setting the number of attempts, setting a pass mark and uploading images into your checkpoints. We'll be adding support documentation to the knowledge base and Intuto Academy site over the next few of weeks.
The checkpoint training feature is currently available on all plans, but this will change in the future, once we are happy with the feature it will only be available on the top two plans (Plus and Team).
Other notable updates:
• Updated - when you share content with participants you will now get a confirmation page.
• Updated - when you add/remove participants and republish content Intuto will no longer email all participants by default, you will need to check the box participant notification box.
• Updated - you can now edit text you've written just by clicking on the text, no need to select edit from the anymore.
• Updated - a pesky server error some people were seeing when viewing content
• Fixed - reordered checkpoint questions and answers now display correctly
• Added - you can now add a new type of image called .tiff files to allowed file types
• Fixed - subscription page for Internet Explorer 11
• New stuff - You can now add a checkpoint by pressing the "+" button at the bottom of a page.
We can't wait to see how you use the new checkpoints and as always we welcome any feedback. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or grab a time on my calendar for a call.