Of the many potential health and safety hazards, perhaps the most terrifying to contemplate are fire related. In particular, for office workers without heavy machinery to manage, forklifts to dodge, heights to scale or holes to fall into it's easy for complacency to set in and the very real danger that fire can present can be ignored. Despite this fires are the most common cause of damage and death in any workplace.
It's hard to believe that we're almost at the end of the first quarter of the year. Despite the warm weather and the company BBQ beckoning us to head outside to enjoy the sun and munch on salty snacks, we've had a busy start to the year hosting several lively Intuto Jams and welcoming aboard some great new customers. The dev team have been busy working on a host of new features, updates and fixes. Taking a lead from some of the great feedback we have been getting from you all. Highlights are below!
Our most notable new training feature release is Checkpoints. You can now create multi-choice quizzes right inside your modules and you can create as many checkpoints per module as you wish. There are a bunch of settings for changing the pass/fail messages, setting the number of attempts, setting a pass mark and uploading images into your checkpoints. We'll be adding support documentation to the knowledge base and Intuto Academy site over the next few of weeks.
The checkpoint training feature is currently available on all plans, but this will change in the future, once we are happy with the feature it will only be available on the top two plans (Plus and Team).
Other notable updates:
• Updated - when you share content with participants you will now get a confirmation page.
• Updated - when you add/remove participants and republish content Intuto will no longer email all participants by default, you will need to check the box participant notification box.
• Updated - you can now edit text you've written just by clicking on the text, no need to select edit from the anymore.
• Updated - a pesky server error some people were seeing when viewing content
• Fixed - reordered checkpoint questions and answers now display correctly
• Added - you can now add a new type of image called .tiff files to allowed file types
• Fixed - subscription page for Internet Explorer 11
• New stuff - You can now add a checkpoint by pressing the "+" button at the bottom of a page.
Intuto has had a major facelift making it faster and simpler than ever to create and share your online training.
Digital literacy is no longer a nice to have but an essential life skill. Computers have been commonplace for 30 years and the Internet for 20 years. They are used in all areas of life from business to leisure and I'm betting they're here to stay.
Every year the number of international students travelling globally increases, yet at the same time competition for those students grows. No longer is it about whether you want international students or not, it comes down to how many you need to keep your president/pro vost/vice-chancellor happy. International student revenue is now a critical line on many institution’s budgets.
When most people think about training it’s with something akin to dread, that or the stoic acceptance that it’s one of life’s necessary evils. Some of us associate training with sitting in a stuffy meeting room while someone drones on and attendees sit with blank uncomprehending faces, wondering how painful their evening commute is going to be. Others might think about swanky offsite training venues with post-training canapés, free booze and a whole lot of work to come back to at the office the next morning.